Barrier Guard 800
A New Generation of State-of-the-Art Design
The BarrierGuard 800 heralds a new era in road safety technology. This new generation of road safety barrier is Australia’s only TL4 rated Temporary Steel Barrier, offering state-of-the-art design features and levels of safety previously thought impossible.
It is light weight and quick and easy to install, ensuring a highly-economical package in terms of transport and deployment. The BarrierGuard 800 can be used as a permanent installation, or for short-duration roadwork's in distant locations, or where there are roadwork's requiring frequent moves.
Unique ‘Quicklink’ connector design allows installation of up to 300 metres of barrier per hour
Available in 6 and 12 metre section lengths with special angle sections for tight radii. A variety of terminations and transitions are available.
Emergency access gate system available.
Impact damaged barrier sections are quickly and easily replaced.
Barrier only weighs 90kg/metre. The unique design of the ‘Quicklink’ connector provides a substantial resistance to lateral impact forces, allowing a high strength / low weight construction.
• At speeds from 50km/h to 110km/h.
• At angles from 15° to 45°.
• With vehicles from 900kg to 13,000kg
• Will contain a 13,000kg bus at 70km/h at 20°
• Will contain a 7,500kg truck at 50km/h at 45°
1,500kg Car, 20°, 110km/h (EN 1317 - N2)
• Approximately 1 metre deflection. 13,000kg Bus, 20°, 70km/h (EN 1317 - H2)
• Approximately 2 metres deflection 2,000kg Vehicle, 25°, 100km/h (NCHRP 350 - TL-3 and TL-4)
• Approximately 1.5 metres deflection
• USA certified to NCHRP 350 - TL1, TL2, TL3, & TL4
• European certified to EN 1317 pts 1 & 2 - T1, T2, T3, N1, N2, H1 & H2