The SafeStop 180 TMA is built tough to withstand even the most demanding of work conditions. This high-speed TMA meets NCHRP 350, Test Level 3 standards and can be used in work zones with posted speeds as high as 100 km/h. In addition to its high-speed protection, the SafeStop 180 offers exceptional durability. The TMA can withstand nuisance hits up to 10km/h. Its two-cartridge design is modular to allow replacement of a single cartridge during partial impacts – reducing refurbishment costs. The cartridges are contained in a reusable steel support frame. All of these features reduce the system’s overall life cycle cost as compared to other disposable TMAs on the market today.
The new 180 Degree tilt feature makes it easier to transport and store, and provides maximum TMA protection with the minimal length, weight, and height. The SafeStop 180 frame folds in the middle, and is just 2.08m high in storage mode. The two cartridges stack on top of each other.
Who We Are
• Passes both mandatory and optional NCHRP 350 TL-3 requirements.
• When impacted, the steel support frame progressively collapses, allowing the aluminium cartridge to crush. This absorbs the errant vehicle’s impacting energy, bringing it to a controlled stop.
• Host vehicle weight is 6300Kg (kerb weight) upwards
• Hydraulically folds 180 degrees for easy storage and transportation.
• TL-2 protection in ‘folded’ position (not small cars)
• Withstands nuisance impacts of up to 10kph.
• Optional AIB (Automatic Impact Braking System)
• Simple attachment options mount to standard truck.
• Refurbishment can often be completed in the field.
● Can be supplied with either red/white or yellow/Black reflective race face.